Use your creativity to bring all kinds of ideas to life, from animation to production simulations, and from gaming to building designs. In Purdue’s computer graphics program, you will turn your ideas (and ideas of others) into models, digital animations, interactive games and more.
Wherever people need to visualize a final product or another world, the skills of a computer graphics graduate can help.
In addition to a general computer graphics degree, you can develop more in-depth knowledge and skills in other areas:
- Web Programming & Design
- Technical animation
- Manufacturing graphics
- Construction graphics
- Virtual product integration
- Take advantage of the flexible curriculum to specialize in an area based on your interests and talents
- Benefit from faculty experience in industrial careers
- Gain industry-standard experience in labs and facilities with the latest technologies
- Improve your career prospects with real-world research projects that allow you to work alongside faculty and for actual clients
- Two degrees in five years: earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in computer graphics technology in only five years with a special plan of study.
|Number of Graduates||Percent of Grads Reported||Placement Rate||Continuing Education||Average Salary|
- Interactive Multimedia Design
- Construction Graphics
- Virtual Product Integration
- Character animation and video games
- artificial life and virtual reality
- Interactive media, social media, apps
- Real-time rendering
- Building information modeling
- e-Commerce and e-Business
In addition to the fees charged to all Purdue students (technology fee, repair and rehabilitation fee, student fitness and wellness fee), students in the College of Technology pay a differential general service fee of $286.00 each semester.
Full information about tuition and fees is available on the Purdue Bursar’s Office Web site.
Add an international perspective to your education by taking advantage of study abroad opportunities. College-wide, there are nearly 47 programs that offer educational experiences in another country. Experiences can last a week, a month, a summer or a semester depending on the program. The list of study abroad programs, internship and service learning options is updated annually.
In the past, CGT students have taken advantage of internships in Sydney, London and Beijing and exchanges to Germany.