Student Outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to
the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students attain as they progress through the program.
The Student Outcomes of the IT Bachelor of Science Degree Program at Purdue University are to produce graduates who:
- Demonstrate competence with the legacy and foundations of the technology discipline
- Demonstrate individual and team-based critical thinking, problem solving and innovation competence
- Display familiarity with current expectations, international/multicultural perspectives, technology trends, standards and emerging capabilities
- Demonstrate competence with in-person, presentation, and written and oral communication
- Assess and apply technology and its appropriate interface to human endeavor
- Apply ethical leadership principles to innovation, technological and professional activities, and a commitment to lifelong learning
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of probability, statistics, engineering economic analysis and cost control, and other technical sciences and specialties necessary in the field of industrial engineering technology. [IIE]
- Demonstrate ability to accomplish the integration of systems using appropriate analytical, computational, and application practices and procedures. [IIE].