Highly valued by employers, the dual degree in industrial technology and industrial distribution provides the strengths of both fields in one degree. Because most manufacturers work with wholesale distribution partners, it is beneficial for them to understand the concept of logistics, supply chains and distribution. Likewise, distribution professionals can enhance their credibility with manufacturers by demonstrating technical knowledge about how products are designed and created.
- Enjoy some of the highest salaries offered in this field by demonstrating knowledge of both areas
- Benefit from faculty experience in industrial careers
|Number of Graduates||Percent of Grads Reported||Placement Rate||Continuing Education||Average Salary|
- Transportation and logistics
- Productivity management
- Inventory management
In addition to the fees charged to all Purdue students (technology fee, repair and rehabilitation fee, student fitness and wellness fee), students in the College of Technology pay a differential general service fee of $286.00 each semester.
Full information about tuition and fees is available on the Purdue Bursar’s Office Web site.
Add an international perspective to your education by taking advantage of study abroad opportunities. College-wide, there are approximately 50 programs that offer educational experiences in another country. Experiences can last a week, a month, a summer or a semester depending on the program. The list of study abroad programs, internship and service learning options is updated annually.
Check with your academic advisor for more information about fitting study abroad into your academic plan.
Potential programs for IT majors:
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology: semester exchange
- Griffith Universityin Brisbane or Gold Coast, Australia: semester exchange
- Intern in Sydney, Australia: summer
- Technology, Innovation and Culture in Bavaria, Germany: spring break
- Dublin Institute of Technology: semester exchange
- London Internship Program: summer
- Hong Kong Polytechnic Institute: semester exchange
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: semester exchange
- Cost: Students who participate in study abroad pay Purdue tuition for most programs. Financial aid also applies in most cases and many programs have scholarships and travel grants available. You can also get discounted student airfares.
- Class transfer: Programs have been designed so that there is minimal disruption to your academic plan. You will receive Purdue credits and grades for all approved courses taken overseas.
- Language requirements: Over half of the study abroad programs do not require a foreign language, and there are English speaking programs in non-English speaking countries. Check the individual program requirements.
- Effects on graduation time: Adding a semester abroad should not impact your plan of study if you plan properly and early. There are several choices that are available - semester and academic year programs. Summer programs are 4-8 weeks long, and short-term programs are 1-3 weeks long. Sometimes there are programs during Spring Break, Maymester, and Summer Session.