You’ll focus on the application and implementation of technology using a hands-on approach to solve manufacturing problems. These skills can be used to not only improve manufacturing capabilities, but also make these processes faster and safer.
Graduates of the manufacturing engineering technology program are uniquely qualified to meet the automation challenges experienced by today’s most demanding industries. As you advance in the MFET program, you’ll discover how a well-planned manufacturing system incorporates people, processes, and technology. Your studies will focus on computer integrated manufacturing systems. They encompass all operations from order entry to product shipment. This can lead to significant cost reductions and better quality.
The degree is Engineering Technology, the career is engineering.
- Learn in a hands-on environment with a 1,400-square-foot, fully functional, automated manufacturing laboratory
- Focus on applying and implementing technology, in a hands-on approach, to solve real-world problems.
- Explore a wide range of career options in product improvement, industrial processes, or plant operations
|Number of Graduates||Percent of Grads Reported||Placement Rate||Continuing Education||Average Salary|
- Manufacturing education
- Manufacturing systems and operations
- Enterprise resource planning/material requirements planning
- Integrated manufacturing fundamentals
- Robots, PLCs, Vision, Auto ID
- Implementation of manufacturing systems
In addition to the fees charged to all Purdue students (technology fee, repair and rehabilitation fee, student fitness and wellness fee), students in the College of Technology pay a differential general service fee of $286.00 each semester.
Full information about tuition and fees is available on the Purdue Bursar’s Office Web site.
Add an international perspective to your education by taking advantage of study abroad opportunities. College-wide, there are nearly 47 programs that offer educational experiences in another country. Experiences can last a week, a month, a summer or a semester depending on the program. The list of study abroad programs, internship and service learning options is updated annually.
In the past, MFET students have taken advantage of internships in Sydney and London and exchanges to Hong Kong and Germany (Bavaria).