The careers of mechanical engineering technology graduates take them to a variety of employers (e.g. Rockwell Automation, Fender Guitars, Lockheed Martin, Caterpillar). Yet they have many skills in common: problem-solving, leadership and teamwork. The program focuses on the methods, materials, machinery and manpower necessary to effectively operate in a manufacturing environment. You'll learn how to manage people, machines, and production resources to ensure maximum efficiency and safety.
Areas of emphasis include nano/micro-manufacturing, sustainable energy, green manufacturing and robotics.
The degree is Engineering Technology, the career is engineering.
- Prepares graduates for careers in product improvement, industrial processes and plant operations
- Learn communication skills that allow you to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Benefit from faculty experience in industrial careers
- Participate in applied research projects with professors to gain experience solving real-world technical problems
- Two degrees in five years: earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in mechanical engineering technology in only five years with a special plan of study.
|Number of Graduates||Percent of Grads Reported||Placement Rate||Continuing Education||Average Salary|
- Renewable energy systems
- Hybrid electric and fuel cell vehicles
- Mechatronics, precision machine design
- Machine design
- High speed machining
- Alloy design
In addition to the fees charged to all Purdue students (technology fee, repair and rehabilitation fee, student fitness and wellness fee), students in the College of Technology pay a differential general service fee of $286.00 each semester.
Full information about tuition and fees is available on the Purdue Bursar’s Office Web site.
Add an international perspective to your education by taking advantage of study abroad opportunities. College-wide, there are nearly 47 programs that offer educational experiences in another country. Experiences can last a week, a month, a summer or a semester depending on the program. The list of study abroad programs, internship and service learning options is updated annually.
The MET department helps facilitate study abroad opportunities with current students. MET students are currently taking advantage of study abroad internships in Australia, China, Germany, Switzerland, and Ireland.