"Uninterrupted experience is important with the firm I work for, and going to graduate school full-time was financially impossible. The Purdue ProSTAR program was a perfect match. It allowed for continuous employment while studying for an advanced degree."
Go from orientation to graduation in just 24 months with ProSTAR’s MS in Building Construction Management distance education program. Our flexible curriculum gives you knowledge you can put into practice on the job right away.
Each fall semester starts with an intensive, three-day session on Purdue’s campus that allows you to meet your fellow distance education students, on-campus students and instructors. Once you’re back home, you’ll take classes in a virtual environment, using a computer, webcam and hands-free microphone/earphone to listen to lectures, view presentations and participate in discussions—a real-time learning experience.
- Gain knowledge of both practical & applied aspects of the construction industry
- Learn about current & emerging management techniques and concepts
- Participate in live, interactive classes on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7-9:30pm (EST) for 15 weeks
- Complete a capstone project addressing a technical, business or operational problem at your company, applying what you’ve learned to a real-life situation
Sample course topics
- Managing construction quality & production
- Construction operations & strategic management
- Construction accounting & financial management
- Law for construction managers
- Risk management
- Construction leadership & marketing
This degree has been of interest to these professionals
- Construction Company Owner/President
- Project Manager
- Construction Superintendent/Manager
- Sr. Claims Analyst
- Construction Consultant