To be admitted to The Purdue Graduate School and College of Technology you are required to have obtained a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. Your GPA for the last completed degree must be above a 3.00 on a scale of 4.00. (If you did not obtain a 3.00, please contact ProSTAR to discuss conditional admittance.)
A background (education and/or experience) in IT systems and architecture is required.
How to Apply
Start by reviewing these application tips to walk through the process, then put together your application packet:
- Completed electronic application form*
Statement of purpose (300-500 words) highlighting:
- Your career objectives
- Why you’re interested in graduate study
- How a graduate degree will help you attain your career objectives
- Your professional plans and applied research interest
- Elaboration on any special abilities, awards, achievements, scholarly publications and professional history
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your current employer if possible
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning**
- Resume showing your work history***
* All ProSTAR weekend and distance education programs are listed on the Graduate School website at the West Lafayette campus under (campus) West Lafayette >(major) Computer and Information Technology > (Area of Interest) IT Project Management and Leadership (online-non-thesis only). For all programs (except ITPM), and regardless of whether it is a weekend program or 100% online, you will choose "Distance (online or off-campus location)" as the COURSE DELIVERY. Be sure to sign up for the correct program so you don’t have to reapply.
** You must possess an earned baccalaureate degree with a grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. (If you don’t have a 3.00 GPA, please contact us to discuss admission alternatives.)