The mission of the Professional Flight Technology Program complements and strongly supports the missions of the Department of Aviation Technology, the College of Technology and Purdue University in serving the citizens of the State of Indiana, the nation, and the world, through learning, discovery, and engagement activities that extend aviation technology education, aviation technology discovery efforts and technology transfer, and implementation of emerging technology for the global aviation industry. Student learning emphasizes a robust technical, experiential, and leadership foundation in preparing graduates for career-long excellence as professional aviators in their choice of an airline, military, or general aviation career.
Professional Flight Technology Program Educational Objectives
Effectively apply technical knowledge, problem-solving techniques, and hands-on skills in traditional and emerging areas of flight operations.
Be active and effective participants in ongoing professional development, professional growth, and increasing professional responsibility.
Effectively communicate ideas to technical and non-technical people.
Work effectively in teams.
Work within the accepted standards of professionalism.
The Professional Flight Technology graduate:
Is an aviation professional with:
- An understanding of aviation as an integrated transportation system,
- a broad based knowledge of the aviation industry.
- a firm grasp of transport category aircraft systems and operations and air traffic control procedures.
- a complete comprehension of related technical fields such as meteorology, advanced navigation, and crew resource management.
Has developed and demonstrated:
- The ability to think clearly and analytically.
- Effective skills in communication, leadership and organization