17 January, 2014
Butler America’s ITC Group
Butler America currently has a need for associates to assist in International Trade Compliance classification of aerospace parts and documents. This will involve reviewing engineering drawings, part descriptions and part assemblies to understand application and function of each and properly classify the items to Federal Regulations. ITC training will be provided. These will be project positions (temporary) possibly going through the end of March. Most of these positions will be working on 2nd shift (3PM - 11PM) but there are a few possibilities to work on 1st shift (6:30AM - 3PM). Please specify which shift you are available to work.
· Must be able to work a minimum of 25 hours a week.
· Candidates must have a technical background and understand engineering terminology or have experience with aircraft systems.
· Must possess good attention to details.
· Must be experienced in Microsoft Office programs (at minimum Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
· Must understand how to use a search engine and navigate the internet/website.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Permanent Residence or US Citizenship is required to work on this project.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
15 January, 2014
Pilot Candidates should posses:
-1,200 hours total time (fixed wing)
-75 hours instrument
-1st class FAA medical
-FCC restricted radio operators permit
-Authorization to work in the U.S. and the ability to travel unrestricted in and out of the U.S.
-Ability and willingness to work weekends, nights, holidays and overnight trips
-Must maintain a well groomed and professional appearance
-Must be able to pass pre-employment fingerprint, background and drug testing
-Must possess excellent communication skills to include the ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
-Accept that the Company will assign initial base according to the Company’s need and the seniority of the pilot in his/her initial training class
-Must be at least 21 years of age
-Current or recent commercial pilot experience preferred
Contact me Kyle Sutter at Republic Airlines: email@example.com.
9 January, 2014
Duncan Aviation - Multiple Job Opportunities!
See their website for more information.
9 January, 2014
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) - Associate Technical Officer, OPS & Associate Technical Officer, ATM
The Associate Technical Officer provides technical advice and services in relation to flight Operations, in the implementation of the Standards and Recommended practices of Annex 6 – Aircraft Operations. S/he carries out duties and responsibilities in support of Operations-related matters, as are assigned to her/him by the Supervisor. The incumbent collaborates closely with other Technical Officers in the Bureau, as well as with Regional Offices for all aircraft Operations-related matters.
See the ICAO Careers website for more information.
17 December, 2013
Southwest Airlines - MAINTENANCE – FLEET TRANSACTIONS ENGINEERING (DATABASE DEVELOPMENT) INTERN
Southwest Airlines is excited to let you know about a NEW Summer 2014 Internship that is available on http://www.southwest.com/careers. We will be accepting applications for this position now until January 10, 2014. Please see http://www.southwest.com/careers for the full job description and application portal.
MAINTENANCE – FLEET TRANSACTIONS ENGINEERING (DATABASE DEVELOPMENT) INTERN – REQ# 21802
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Intern will work fulltime as a Team member within Engineering - Fleet Transactions.
Assist with developing a database capable of searching historical and current Master Changes.
Assist with special projects as requested.
Develop reports to assist with Leadership decision making
Tracking costs per aircraft/Master change
Track Document status for acquisition
Create dashboard to track status of aircraft acquisition activity updates multiple existing reports
10 December, 2013
IndyJet - Line Service Technician
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and/or considerable experience and technical training in fueling and servicing aircraft at an FBO of equal or larger size and sales volume.
• Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of excellence
• Two years of aviation line service experience
• Experience towing and fueling aircraft
• Mechanical aptitude
Schedule: Hours and days will vary. Weekends are likely. Possible shifts (6am – 2pm) and/or (1pm – 9pm). 1/2 hour lunch with two 15 min breaks.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7 November, 2013
Cessna Aircraft Company
Discover Flying Challenge - 2014 Summer Pilot Internship - Job ID (217996)
Cessna is scouring the top schools in the country for only the best to fill one of six summer internship positions to fly one of our single-engine aircraft. As an intern for Cessna in our "Discover Flying Challenge" program, you will be the face and voice of the world's leading general aviation company. You will be competing to be the "Ace" of the DFC program as you perform your duties as product ambassador at flight schools and venues across the United States. Throughout the program, you will be expected to leverage social media in new and unique ways to spread the work in "virtual barnstorming" that would make even Clyde Cessna himself, proud. Only the best need apply, but if you think you have what it takes, read on:
General passion and enthusiasm for learning to fly which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Attend pancake fly-ins, open houses and other events planned by Cessna and our affiliates
- Take pictures, video and post to Cessna's social media outlets
- Travel to Cessna Pilot Centers throughout a defined territory and perform familiarization flights in Cessna products.
- Attend the famous EAA Fly-In Oshkosh, WI and talk with Cessna customers about your experience flying Cessna single-engine product.
- Speak fluently to the benefits of aviation as well as key performance aspects of the Cessna single-engine product.
Education: Minimum of Junior in an accredited college. Field of study is open although Marketing, Business, Aeronautical Engineering or Aviation Management is a plus.
- Certified Flight Instructor, preferred
- Minimum of 250 flight hours
- Garmin G-1000 experience preferred
- No incident/accident history
- No FAA action
- Professional attitude coupled with an extroverted, engaging personality
- IMC experience recommendation from a university department head
- Submission of a video clip, writing samples, and social media footprint
Video Sample Requirements:
Please submit a brief video audition (not to exceed 1 minute in length) of why you should be selected for Cessna's Discover Flying Challenge. You'll need to upload your video to YouTube and include the link to your video on your writing sample or resume.
Writing Sample Requirements:
This position will require writing and communicating with fans and followers in different styles and formats. Please develop and submit entries you would post about your first flight experience in the appropriate styles for the following communities:
- Blog post/journal entry
- Linkedln update
Apply online no later than Friday, November 22nd at collegejobs.textron.com or click on the link below to take you directly to the job posting
25 October, 2013
Landrum & Brown, a prominent aviation consulting firm, is actively seeking qualified candidates for a paid, full-time internship in our Chicago Office, starting in January 2014.
We are looking for December 2013 graduates or previous students who have already graduated. An aviation background isn’t a must but we look for people who are quick learners, have a variety of skill sets (writing, researching, analyzing), have an interest in what we do, and are anxious to learn.
The application deadline is Friday, November 22, 2013. Please send your PDF-format resume and a cover letter to Sarah Contreras.
21 October, 2013
The Aviator College of Aeronautical Science and Technology is looking for Flight Instructors. Candidates for this position must:
- Hold a valid FAA 3rd Class Medical certificate
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor Certificate with Airplane Single-Engine Rating
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Airplane Single-Engine Land and Instrument Airplane Ratings
- Initial pay schedule starting at $20.00/hour. Additional compensation opportunities are available to individuals who fulfill a required time of service and show true dedication.
Please submit your resume to Professor Wulle (email@example.com); if there is enough interest, they have indicated that they are willing to come to campus to conduct interviews.
21 October, 2013
Dallas Love Field has opened another season of internships. See the link for more information and a link to the application within. http://www.dallas-lovefield.com/pdf/InternshipProgram.pdf
21 October, 2013
United Technologies Corporate Flight internship will be June 9 – 13, 2014. Students interested in applying for this internship must:
- Provide a transcript showing CGPA of 3.0 or greater
- Be a fully-matriculated, full-time Aviation Major (first year course studies completed), anticipate continuing with collegiate B.S. or B.B.A. aviation education after the internship
- Be of Good Moral Character
- Be able to pass a background check, security and drug screening
- Provide an essay describing your goals & why you believe this internship would be mutually beneficial to you and UTFlight
- Provide one (or more) current letter(s) of recommendation from a faculty member or administrator of your College or University
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport or current permanent resident card
- Provide a current resume
- Submit your materials to your internship coordinator (Rose in NISW 172) by February 1, 2014
21 October 2013
Spirit Airlines has an intern program for aviation students, and is currently looking for a ground instructor that would be typed in the A-320, and given an opportunity to be a line pilot after two years.
21 October 2013
Global Pilot Career Conference & Job Fair
October 25 & 26 Chicago www.fapa.aero/jobs
The Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) lists jobs here that are specific to majors in the Department of Aviation Technology. Click on the job title to apply. You will need to create a myCCO account using your PUID.
Benefits of creating a myCCO Account:
- Access to online job postings
- Live Online Resume, Interview and Job Coaching: Brainfuse Job Now
- Ability to practice interviewing using InterviewStream
- Access to company data using Mergent Online