Alumni services provided by the CCO:
Purdue alumni have life-long services with the Center for Career Opportunities. Employers often wish to recruit Purdue Alumni so the CCO encourages alums to keep their resume up-to-date in myCCO.
Alumni can receive assistance on a first-come, first-served basis for resume review or career-related questions during off-peak times for student service delivery.
Alumni can meet with a CCO staff member to discuss concerns about their career planning, job search or other career-related topics, during off-peak times. To make an appointment, stop by Stewart 194 or call (765) 494-3981. Appointments are based on counselor availability.
Off-Peak times available for alumni to seek walk-in service and career counseling consist of the following:
- December 1st through the first week of January.
- Spring Break week.
- Summer Hours.
Walk-in appointments are typically 5-10 minutes and are limited to 15 minutes.
The following companies are looking for BCM alumni:
SPX Cooling Technologies operates in 20 countries worldwide and is the world's preeminent full-line, full-service cooling tower and air-cooled condenser manufacturer. Since 1883, Balcke, Marley, and Hamon Dry Cooling--the businesses that formed SPX Cooling Technologies--have generated more than 250 global patents in the global power generation, industrial, refrigeration and HVAC markets.
This position’s primary purpose is to manage all aspects of a project from order intake to project close out, including some support responsibilities during the quoting and award phases.
This entails ensuring that all project phases are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner, meet the required quality standard, and serving as the customer’s main contact.
For each project, key responsibilities include customer relations, time scheduling and cost forecasting, reviewing and reporting progress, managing consortium partners, if any, and major subcontracts, managing change order process and claims management, project cash flow, and resolving all project related issues.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is expected to “own” each assigned project and protect its gross margin by closely monitoring material and labor costs and taking action to correct and report variances of these costs.
This role is responsible for resolving project problems in a timely manner, and maintaining project quality and adherence to schedule and budget.
The SPM closes out each project after ensuring the completion of all required work and documents, all submittals required to the customer, and the final payment.
The SPM communicates very effectively to ensure the satisfaction of both customers and internal resources.
• SPM shall be engaged in the Proposal Phase
• Set up and lead the SPX cross-functional Project Team. Identify the project targets and address tasks to the Project Team members, monitor the activities
• First line of communication with customers and consortium partners
• Regular communication with major sub suppliers, field construction, and SPX internal departments to address issues related to past, current, and future topics. Set up meetings schedules and communication rules. (For example, this could include working with related groups, such as EH&S, on issues and resolution.)
• Contract management with interaction between all parties involved
• Financial responsibility to maintain target margin of project, forecast revenues with full visibility and costs associated with projects, incl. POC and progress, develop payment schedules (cash flow plan)
• Project time schedule management between engineering, construction, and supply chain resources
• Responsible for maintaining accuracy of Project Status Report and provide regular updates to management
• Document control and responsibility for the DCL Document Control List
• Change order and claims management
• Project risk management
• Insurance management
• Travel to customer or internal meetings (offices, job sites, workshops)
• Responsible for managing projects in all countries in which SPX does business
• Review project contracts, track deliveries, and time and material order processing
• Material costing and as-sold margin verification
• Identify and support continuous Operational Excellence (OpEx) improvement initiatives
• Initiate and drive a successful the Lessons Learned process to inform other projects and/or the proposal managers of new projects
• Act as an agent of Company per corporate guidelines
• Project assignment is based on size and scope
• Ensure timely and accurate delivery of material for both domestic and international shipments
• Ensure compliance of all documentation and packaging for domestic and international projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent
• Certification according to the US PMI standard
• Experience in the power plant or similar industry
• Min. of 5 years of project or construction management experience
• Project assignment is based on size and scope
• Experience in accounting, engineering, construction management, and/or supply chain preferred
• Product knowledge
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
• Experience with SAP or other ERP
• Project scheduling experience
• Knowledge of international shipments and requirements
• Understanding of logistics terminology helpful
• Ability to travel up to 75 percent of the time
• Solid base of leadership skills
• Ethical conduct
Kettlehut Construction has a short term (3 mos, Full-time) project for a project engineer.
If interested please send cover letter and resume to:
Service Description 2013-14
Affiliate: Habitat for Humanity of Hamilton County
AmeriCorps Member(s) Title: Construction Assistant
Number of members: 1
Type of Position: Half Time (900 Hours from start date until August 31st, 2014)
Reports Directly To: Jason Haney, Construction Manager
Service week (days/hours): 9:00 to 5:00 Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday depending on affiliate’s construction schedule. Some evenings, weekends and early morning meetings; flex-time is available to compensate for those meetings and events. Weekday hours can be flexible but must complete 20-30 hours per week to complete 900 total hour requirements by August 31st, 2014.
Required Meetings: Monthly Staff meetings, weekly meetings with supervisor,
AmeriCorps team trainings (as scheduled by AmeriCorps)
Position Objective: To assist affiliate in the construction of homes in partnership with low-income families using unskilled volunteer labor.
List the specific duties and responsibilities for this position:
• Lead crews of volunteers possessing varying degrees of skill in the completion of construction tasks on site.
• Conduct site orientation when necessary. Ensure all volunteers register, fill out appropriate forms and receive a site orientation.
• Assist in on site organization of building materials and tools.
• Ensure volunteers are appropriately utilized and are engaged in meaningful activities to enhance their experience.
• Assist partner families in the completion of their sweat equity hours by facilitating their participation on site.
• Ensure volunteers practice use of appropriate safety equipment and safety procedures on site.
• Perform as a construction assistant to site manager or skilled volunteers when necessary.
• Work with volunteer coordinator to schedule volunteers and work groups for work days.
• Assist in maintaining a positive, professional and safe work environment.
• Attend events in the community to represent affiliate as needed.
• Serve as an ambassador for Habitat affiliate and Indiana HabiCorps on the worksite and in the community.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to include public speaking, good interpersonal skills that lead to good communication.
• Flexibility, patience, tolerance and willingness to learn new construction and non-construction related skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple partner families and volunteers on site.
• Must be very organized, self-motivated and have the ability to affect change.
• Be a people person with ability to perform multiple tasks on any given day including the ability to take direction from and work easily with staff
• Strong administrative skills including planning, coordination, scheduling and managing details efficiently and effectively.
• Computer proficiency (MS Office, Outlook, etc.)
• An understanding of National Service and the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
Physical Requirements to Perform Duties: Able to lift and move 25 pounds. Current driver license and good driving record required.
Program Application: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=485&fromSearch=true
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Holder Properties, a full-service commercial and residential real estate development company, is actively seeking experienced candidates for Development Manager. This position will be integrally involved in managing the planning, development, construction and delivery of office and student housing projects throughout the Southeast. Qualified candidates should have 5+ years of direct project management and construction skills.
Support the team Director with all aspects of the project including but not limited to: feasibility, planning, land acquisition, design, permitting, construction and close out
Schedule and coordinate project feasibility and due diligence activity and summarize data gathered
Compile and track project budgets and schedules
Prepare bid packages for design and construction services
After receipt of bids, assemble bid comparison for review and approval
Attend all project meetings and prepare minutes as needed
Prepare and distribute weekly project updates
Monitor design and construction for consistency with contract requirements
Communicate performance standards to contractors and notify team Director of any deficiencies
Assist team Director in preparing monthly project report for investors and clients
Review project invoices, applications for payment and change requests for accuracy
Work with Property Management during close out process to ensure PM staff understands operation and required maintenance of building systems and equipment
Be point of contact for warranty items and track completion
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Architecture / Construction Management from a four year college or university
At least five (5) year experience in the design or construction field with a demonstrated understanding of the overall construction process
Ability to travel as needed to support projects
Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and contracts
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project
The qualified candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, professional and customer service oriented
OUTSIDE SALES POSITION
The Glenrock Company, a 50 year-old commercial/industrial/wholesale distribution business, is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated and team focused Sales Professional to join our Indianapolis team. The Glenrock Company, an established specialty distributor, provides technical knowledge and product expertise in markets ranging from concrete and masonry restoration to waterproofing and building envelope protection systems. We represent many of the most prestigious manufacturers known throughout the commercial construction marketplace.
This position will report out of our office located at: 4330 Hull Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46226
This Sales Position is responsible for prospecting, developing, maintaining and enhancing customer relationships, performing all sales support activities and contributing to the overall success of the Branch.
Planning and execution of all business development activities
Qualifying perspective sales opportunities
Planning and scheduling of direct sales activities
Creating and maintaining all quotes and customer sales contracts
Ability to perform all inside/ counter sales activities
Develop and enhance vendor relationships and support cooperative sales efforts
Develop and enhance knowledge of all products represented by Glenrock
Support the sales process as part of the sales TEAM
Support all operational activities as part of the branch TEAM
Support all account AR activities
Ultimate responsibility in managing contractor accounts
College Degree preferred, with a focus on Sales/Construction Technology
2+ years of experience in industrial, retail or wholesale sales
Possess strong communication skills
Possess strong computer skills, with emphasis of Microsoft Office
Possess strong analytical skills and ability to persuade
Good driving record with a valid driver’s license
The Glenrock Company will provide comprehensive training for the right candidate!
Qualified candidates should send their resume via email to: email@example.com
No phone calls at this time.
Armour Construction & Management, Inc.
Armour Construction & Management Inc. offers top of the line general contacting and sub-contracting services. Our focus is on commercial real estate. We have worked on hospitals, schools, churches, retail stores, auto service stores, and restaurants.
The Estimator will prepare comprehensive interior and exterior metal stud frame, drywall and plaster budgets and estimate proposals through quantity surveying and detailed pricing for commercial construction projects.
The estimator will demonstrate excellent people and communication skills and is the lead during the bidding of a project, working closely with others within the company during the bid process to achieve thorough, detailed, accurate estimates and their timely delivery to our Clients.
We expect our estimators to transfer complete information and interface with project managers, superintendents, purchasing, safety, field personnel, and other internal teams upon awarding of jobs.
Prepare accurate conceptual estimates, budgets and pricing, per bid procedures:
• Organized, thorough quantity take off
• Review of all drawings, addenda, specifications, RFI’s, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work for estimate,
• Review of bid documents, for any special requirements
• Generating and submitting bid questions/RFIs,
• Meeting bid deadline,
• Preparation of formal proposal, including cover letters and bid proposal, including the cost breakdown, clarifications, complete scope of work narrative and exclusions.
• Follow-up after submission of estimates to General Contractors.
• Participate in negotiating final pricing, contracts, etc., as required.
• Coordinate with project managers, superintendents, field personnel, purchasing, and safety on successful bids to provide a smooth and thorough transition to the project team:
- Assist Project Managers with scopes of work,
- Review drawings, specifications and owner requirements with Project Managers. Superintendents, Safety and Purchasing,
- Prepare estimate turnovers.
• Develop business with new and existing clients and maintain relationships with contacts industry wide.
• Participate in business development and sales efforts.
• Perform well under tight deadlines.
• Promote a team approach and participate in the improvement of Armour Construction& Management. Inc.
Four year degree in related field.
• Experience serving as Project Manager/Estimator with a commercial General Contractor.
• Knowledge of construction cost control and basic accounting procedures.
• Familiarity with Alternative Project Delivery Methods (APDM), including Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR), Design-Build and Job Order Contracting (JOC).
• Must have solid construction software skills. Timberline, Primavera, and Viewpoint V6 Construction Software experience a plus.
• Working well with Clients and Sub Contractors.
• Willing to listen and learn.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Armour Construction and Management Inc.
BCM Alumni Events:
BCM alums Russell Kahn (09) Holder Construction, Caleb Morrett (07) Fortune-Johnson, Bryan Morris (11)Integra, Tony Williams (13) Integra and CGT alum Shanna Morrett, Holder Construction join Adam Ashouri (BCM 14), Kenneth Beckwith (BCM 14) and Dawn Lamb at Max's Coal Oven Pizzaria in Atlanta, GA.
Are you hosting an event for BCM alumni in your area?
To list your event, please contact: