Help fight crime or keep a corporation running efficiently with a degree from Purdue’s computer and information technology program. As computers find their way into every part of our lives, information technology professionals are needed to keep the systems functioning and the data safe. Your information technology courses and the problem-solving skills will prepare you for careers in almost any industry.
You’ll learn how to increase efficiencies as you work with computer applications, management information systems, databases, and computer networks. Your tasks will include planning, analyzing, designing, constructing, and maintaining these areas.
Computer and information technology courses provide students with strong technical skills, a thorough understanding of business needs, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and industry leaders.
CIT students can choose from two concentrations: information systems and network engineering technology.
- Gain real-work experience as you design, implement, and administer local and wide-area networks
- Improve job readiness with experience building high-bandwidth, wide-area networks capable of voice, video, and multi-protocol data
- Further specialize with coursework from four areas: software development, systems integration, data management or wireless networking
- Take advantage of updated courses in emerging fields such as cyber forensics, biomedical informatics, high performance computing, information security, and wireless networking
- Social Media Application and Mobile App Development
- Electric Vehicle Applications
- Cyber Warfare
- Psychological Crime Scene Analysis
- Video Game Design and Development
- Intelligence and decision-making Information Technology