All CoT, CoE and CoS faculty, post-docs, grads, colleagues and friends are welcome to attend a seminar event brought to you by the fledgling Robotics Accelerator, forming at Purdue. The information session will feature three current and former NSF program directors describing general programs of interest in the Directorate of Engineering and the Directorate of Computer and Information Science and Engineering. The session will have a slight bias toward robotics and cyber-physical systems, but researchers of all interests will find valuable information in the presentations and question-and-answer session.
Material will be presented by:
- George Chiu, NSF Program Director in Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation
- Susanne Hambrusch, Former NSF Division Director, Computing and Communications Foundations
- Richard Voyles, NSF Program Director, Information and Intelligent Systems and OSTP Assistant Director of Robotics
- Special guest appearances by Howard Wactlar, NSF Division Director, Information and Intelligent Systems, and Matt Mason, Professor and Director of the Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
The presentations will cover:
- General programs in CISE and ENG
- National Robotics Initiative, including “hot-off-the-presses” results of the current cycle!
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Question and answer session