The second annual Purdue Day of Giving is a 24-hour online fundraising event designed to boost visibility and giving for all of Purdue University. More than 40 campus units, including the College of Technology, will be involved in promoting Purdue during this event - granting opportunity, launching dreams, and achieving greatness while promoting an affordable and accessible Purdue. Save the date and be one of the first to share in the excitement and support for your alma mater!
With your help, we can tell all students with great promise and great ideas: "opportunity granted."
Ways to Participate
Join in one or all of the hourly challenges (all times are Eastern; complete list coming soon):
- 9 a.m. Most faculty/staff donors
- 11 a.m., Student organization with the highest number of donations
- 1 p.m., 50th original tweet with @TechPurdue and #PurdueDayOfGiving
- 1 p.m., Most donations from alumni
- 2 p.m., Student organization: random selfie on campus with Day of Giving T-shirt and #PurdueDayOfGiving
- 7 p.m., Donation from person lving furthest from campus
- 7 p.m., Random picture of your babies and/or pets in Purdue gear on Twitter or Instagram. Include #PurdueDayOfGiving and @TechPurdue
- 8 p.m., Most parent donors
- 9 p.m., Most alumni donors from the last decade
Give a gift online anytime between April 15 and April 29 (link will be active April 15)
Transformation Throwdown (on social media). You are invited to share your own Transformation via social media as part of our Transformation Throwdown. The process is simple, and your followers will enjoy the posts:
- Choose your favorite social media platform: Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Post a photo of you in college (or before) with a photo of your current, transformed self
- Include the hashtags #TransformationThrowdown and #PurdueDayOfGiving
- Challenge your Technology and Purdue friends and colleagues to do the same within 48 hours or commit to pledging during the April 29 Purdue Day of Giving (or both!)
- Follow along and enjoy each transformation
Visit the Purdue Day of Giving web site to learn more.