Registration for Course 1 starting August, 2014 coming soon!
Course 1 Description:
The goal of this course is for students to understand the methodologies and application of virtual 3D CAD product design in functioning PLM environments. The course will emphasize PLM as a strategic business initiative and will introduce students to the importance of the appropriate application of a 3D CAD product design tool in a PLM environment.
Course 1 Objectives:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of PLM concepts
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of basic 3D modeling techniques used in PLM environments
Course 1 Topics Include:
- Introduction to PLM
- Role of 3D Solid Modeling in PLM
- The Design Process and Design Intent
- Parametric Modeling and Features
- Assembly Modeling
- Geometry and Information Re-use
- Modifying and Editing Constraint-based Models
- Model Based Definition
- Relational Design