Course 2 starts September 28, 2015. Registration coming soon!
Course 2 Description:
The goal of this course is for students to understand the methodologies and application of change management and relational 3D CAD product design within the confines of a Product Data Management (PDM) system in PLM environments. This course extends the concepts of the of virtual product design to a concurrent engineering environment and incorporating PDM databases in the lifecycle of products. The course will emphasize PLM as a strategic business initiative and will introduce students to the importance of the appropriate application of a PDM tool in a PLM environment.
Course 2 Objectives:
- Demonstrate an understanding of PLM concepts, particularly product data management, change management, workflows and configurations
- Demonstrate literacy in the application of a PDM tool to support product development processes.
Course 2 Topics Include:
- Product Data Management
- Change Management
- Product Structure Management
- Configuration Management
- Product Definition
- Introduction to Workflows
- People, Organization, and Security