To be notified of upcoming classes contact Christy Marks.
Course Description (click here for a printable PDF description):
Purdue University is proud to partner with PTC as an Authorized Training Partner. At Purdue, PTC customers have access to the same curriculum offered by PTC University combined with subject matter expertise from faculty that are PTC certified instructors. Purdue also offers unique classes not offered by PTC. This Introduction to Model Based Definition class is an example. Purdue has combined introductory Parametric Creo 2.0 training with special emphasis on Model Based Definition. The class at Purdue will provide participants with a working knowledge of Creo Parametric similar to the core knowledge covered in the Introduction to Creo Parametric 2.0 class. Participants who successfully complete PTC coursework at Purdue will receive a certificate of completion from Purdue University and 4.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
The Introduction to Model Based Definition class is a blend of content, interactive exercises and group discussion to ensure a practical, “real world” understanding of Model Based Definition (MBD). This program focuses on the three core areas that are critical for any successful MBD implementation: (1) understanding what MBD is and why it is such a hot topic, (2) learning how to capture detailed information inside a 3D CAD model and (3) understanding the future possibilities of its use downstream. After completing this class, participants will have a better understanding of MBD that enable them to make better business decisions.
This course utilizes PTC tools (Creo Parametric 2.0) for examples of MBD methods but assumes no prior experience with Creo Parametric. Participants familiar with other CAD packages benefit from this class and gain a working knowledge of Creo Parametric 2. The core processes and methods taught in this class can be applied to any CAD toolset. As a result, anyone looking to enhance his or her knowledge of CAD toolsets with an MBD focus would benefit from this course.
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of MBD concepts
• Be able to define basic 3D annotations used to capture MBD in Creo Parametric 2.0
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of how MBD can be utilized to optimize downstream activities currently and in the future
Course Topics Include:
• Introduction to MBD & Modeling Concepts
• Introduction to Creo Parametric
• How to Interact with the Creo Interface
• Editing & Selecting Geometry
• Capturing Design Intent
• Creating Parametric Features
• Creating a Basic Detailed Drawing
• Understanding Drawing Model Association
• Creating 3D Annotations in a Model
• Creating Assemblies & Assembly Drawings
• Creating 3D Annotations in an Assembly
• The relationship between PLM and MBD
• Organizing 3D Annotations Using Layers, View States
• Review of MBD Concepts
• Barriers to MBD Implementation
Course Delivery Options:
Take the course online, on your own schedule with our self-paced option. All you need is a web browser, a fast internet connection and a remote desktop client. We will walk you through all the steps to get setup. Instructors are accessible to answer questions.
Take a virtual instructor led class with web conferencing at a specific time each week. You can interact with the instructor and fellow participants in real time.
Come to campus! Travel to our red brick campus in beautiful West Lafayette located conveniently between Indianapolis and Chicago.