Brandeis H. Marshall received her PhD and Master's Degree in Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2007 and 2003, respectively. She received her B.S. in Computer Science from University of Rochester in 2000. Dr. Marshall joined the College of Technology (CoT) in August 2008 as an Assistant Professor of Computer and Information Technology (CIT) in the Data Management area. Her teaching objectives consists of continuing the development and delivery of data management related courses. Dr. Marshall' s research lies in the areas of information and image retrieval, knowledge management/data mining and social media. Dr. Marshall has served several times on the Technical Program Committees, including IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia and IEEE/IARIA Advances in Future Internet. She has served locally and nationally on numerous broadening engagement and mentorship activities for those under-represented in computing, including SuperComputing' s Broader Engagement and SIAM International Conference on Data Mining' s Broadening Participation in Data Mining Workshop.
- PhD (Computer Science), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy, NY, 2007.
- MS (Computer Science), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy, NY, 2003.
- BS (Computer Science), University of Rochester Rochester, NY, 2000.
Refereed Articles and Conference Papers/Presentations/Abstracts
- B. Marshall (2012). Discovering Robustness Amongst CBIR Features. International Journal of Web & Semantic Technology, 3(2), 18-30.
- B. Marshall (2011). Context Seeking with Social Tags. Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Knowledge Management Workshop Exploiting Semantic Annotations for Information Retrieval (pp.11-12).
- B. Marshall (2011). Tag Relevancy for Similar Artists. Proceedings of the IEEE/IARIA Advances in Future Internet (pp.54-59).
- M. Kumar, T.J. Hacker, J.A. Springer and B. Marshall (2011). Kernel level support for workflow patterns. Proceedings of the 29th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (pp.192 - 199).
- A. J. Magana, A. Santiago-Roman, N. Santiago-Santiago, C. Aceros, B. Marshall and E. Matson (2011). Students Understanding of Computational Problem-Solving Tasks. Proceedings of the 118th ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition
- B. Marshall, J. Springer and T. Hacker (2010). Work in progress - integration of the scientific workflow paradigm into high performance computing and large scale data management curricula. Proceedings of the 40th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (pp.F3F-1-F3F-2).
- B. Marshall (2010). Aggregating Music Recommendation Web APIs by Artist. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (pp.75-79).
- B. Marshall (2010). Determining Result Quality for Vertical Result Merging. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (pp.350-354).
- B. Marshall (2010). Taking the Tags With You: Digital Photograph Provenance. Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Data, Privacy & E-Commerce (pp.72-77).
- B. Marshall (2010). Modeling Betweenness for Question Answering. Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Knowledge Management Workshop Exploiting Semantic Annotations for Information Retrieval (pp.33-34).
- A. Shiroor, J.A. Springer, T.J. Hacker, B. Marshall, J. Brewer (2010). Scientific workflow management systems and workflow patterns. International Journal of Business Process Integration and Management, 5(1), 63-78.
- B. Marshall and S. Pandey (2010). Using the Social Networking Graph for Image Organization. Proceedings of the IEEE/IARIA International Conference on Advances in Future Internet (pp.102-107).
- N. Idika, B. Marshall, B. Bhargava (2009). Maximizing Network Security Given a Limited Budget. Proceedings of the ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing (pp.12-17).
- Brandeis Marshall and Dale-Marie Wilson (December 2008). Applying Aggregation Concepts for Image Search. IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM) Berkeley, CA: IEEE.
- S. Adali, B. Hill, M. Magdom-Ismail (2007). Information vs. Robustness in Rank Aggregation: Models, Algorithms and a Statistical Framework for Evaluation. Journal of Digital Information Management, 5(5), 292-307.
- Sibel Adali, Brandeis Hill and M. Magdon-Ismail (October 2007). Information vs. Robustness in Rank Aggregation: Models, Algorithms and a Statistical Framework for Evaluation. Journal of Digital Information Management: Special Issue on Web Information Retrieval, 5(5), 292-307.
- Sibel Adali, Malik Magdon-Ismail and Brandeis Marshall (November 2007). A Classification Algorithm for Finding the Optimal Rank Aggregation Method. IEEE (pp.1 - 6). Ankara, Turkey: International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences.
- Brandeis Hill (August 2005). A Lattice Framework for Reusing Top-k Query Results. International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (IRI) (pp.38-43). Las Vegas, NV: IEEE.
B. Marshall, M. Dark, J. Goldman, T.J. Hacker, A. Smith (2009). Dark Web Patterns.
Sibel Adali, Maria-Luisa Sapino and Brandeis Marshall (2007, August). A rank algebra to support multimedia mining applications. San Jose, CA.
Sibel Adali, Brandeis Hill and Malik Magdon-Ismail (2006, April). The Impact of Ranker Quality on Rank Aggregation Algorithms: Information vs. Robustness. Atlanta, GA.
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) , Professional Member, 2004-present
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE) , Professional Member, 2003-present