BS, MS, PhD Industrial Engineering from The University of Texas at Arlington.
Research areas: aviation emissions, enterprise performance and improvement, strategic justification of technologies, sustainability analysis in aviation, general aviation data analysis.
Industry course development and delivery in statistical data analysis, design of experiments, statistical process control, ISO9000, enterprise integration, and Lean Six Sigma. Taught Black Belt, Master Black Belt, and Green Belt LSS courses.
Current courses: Aviation Sustainability, Sustainability, Quality Improvement, Process Improvement and Simulation, Strategic Decision-making
Air Transportation Institute for Environmental Sustainability (AirTIES), Engineering Director.
National Test Facility for Fuels and Propulsion (NaTeF), Emissions lead.
Center for Technology Development, core faculty.
FAA Center of Excellence for General Aviation Research known as PEGASAS, www.pegasas.aero, leadership team
- Peace, H., Fordham, D. (et al. Johnson, M.E.). (2012). ACRP Report 02-23: Alternative Fuels as a Means of Reducing PM2.5 at Airports. Transportation Research Board Airport Cooperative Research Program (TRB – ACRP). The TRB is a member of The National Academies.
- Marshall, Brandeis, Johnson, Mary, Magikar, Aditi, Ghanekar, Anuya, Mathew, Ian, Delaveau, Ludovic, Budhiraju, Raghava, and Chapparala, Ramya. (2012). Flight Data Analyzer using Twitter. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, 3(6), June 2012.
- Koch, Daphene and Johnson, Mary. (2012) Tinkering to introduce technology, developing an instrument to measure student’s play preference, Proceedings of the 2012 American Society for Engineering Education Conference, San Antonio, June 2012.
- Johnson, M., Hudson, S., Kimble-Thom, M. and Winter, S. (2011). Alternative Aviation Fuels and Sustainability, Proceedings of the University Aviation Association Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN. September 2011.
- Koch, D., Kelley, T., Johnson, M., & Wardjiman, K. (Feb, 2011) Role models to influence early career choice. Proceedings of the Collaboration of Industry and Education Conference, Austin, TX.
- Ropp, T.D., Dubikovsky, S. and Johnson, M.E. (2009). Using peer and team performance assessments as learning tools on collaborative student projects. Journal of Aviation/ Aerospace Education Research. 18(3), 47-55.
- Johnson, M. E. & Ropp, T. D. (2009). Safety and process improvement using PFMEA. ATEC Journal.
- Hagovsky, T.C., Thom, J.M., Stanley, D. L., Johnson, M.E., Hendricks, R. M., & Dubikovsky, S.I. (2009).Tracking ABET criteria. ATEC Journal, 31(2), 22-26.
- Thom, J.M., Hagovsky, T.C., Stanley, D. L., Johnson, M.E., Hendricks, R. M., & Dubikovsky, S.I. (2009). Is ABET for you? History and rationale of pursuing ABET accreditation. ATEC Journal, 31(1), 17-21.
- Johnson, M. E. & Dubikovsky, S. I. (2009). Lean six sigma principles in capstone aeronautical engineering technology courses. Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference 2009, Austin, TX.
- Morell, A. J., Johnson, M. E., Schmidt, E. K., & Suckow, M. W. (2008). Development of safety event metrics for an aviation organization, International Journal of Modern Engineering, 9(1), 35 – 41.