The School of Engineering Technology was formed in December 2013 by bringing together the departments of Mechanical Engineering Technology and Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology.
Our faculty and students have done some pretty cool things. They have:
- Launched high-altitude balloons to study the atmosphere in preparation for launching a small rocket (see the awesome photos captured on the flight)
- Established a 3-D printing lab open to all College of Technology students to assist with their class projects and extracurricular interests
- Created a supersonic ping-pong ball cannon to help illustrate physics concepts.
Faculty have a wide range of research interests. They look for innovative and practical solutions to many of the problems facing humanity today:
- more efficient fuel cells for automobiles
- using Technology to create more interest in youth fitness
- improving diagnosis of certain types of cancers
- integrating smart grid technologies to improve energy efficiency
- using solar energy as back-up electricity supply in third-world countries
- more efficient shipping methods for manufacturers