To be admitted to The Purdue Graduate School and College of Technology you are required to have obtained a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. Your GPA for the last completed degree must be above a 3.00 on a scale of 4.00. (If you did not obtain a 3.00, please contact ProSTAR to discuss conditional admittance.) If you have two or more years of professional experience, testing (GRE and GMAT) will be waived.
How to Apply
Start by reviewing these application tips to walk through the process, then put together your application packet:
- Completed electronic application form*
Statement of purpose (300-500 words) highlighting:
- Your career objectives
- Why you’re interested in graduate study
- How a graduate degree will help you attain your career objectives
- Your professional plans and applied research interest
- Elaboration on any special abilities, awards, achievements, scholarly publications and professional history
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your current employer if possible
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning**
- Resume showing your work history***
* All ProSTAR weekend and distance education programs are listed on the Graduate School website at the West Lafayette campus under (campus) West Lafayette > (major) Technology > (Area of Interest) Technology Leadership. For all programs (except ITPM), and regardless of whether it is a weekend program or 100% online, you will choose "Distance (online or off-campus location)" as the COURSE DELIVERY. Be sure to sign up for the correct program so you don’t have to reapply.
** You must possess an earned baccalaureate degree with a grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. (If you don’t have a 3.00 GPA, please contact us to discuss admission alternatives.)
*** The GRE or GMAT is not required if you’ve completed two or more years of full-time, relevant work experience.