Congratulations on being accepted into the College of Technology at Purdue University! We look forward to seeing you on campus this summer for STAR and this fall for Boiler Gold Rush and the beginning of the fall semester.
Here is the official Admissions checklist of the things you'll need to accomplish before classes start on August 25, 2014.
College of Technology checklist
- Accept your offer
- Activate your Purdue career account, which gives you access to myPurdue, your Purdue email account and most online tools at Purdue.
- Sign up for a STAR date. College of Technology students can attend between June 18 and July 7, 2014, although not all programs will be available every day. All new, domestic, first-year and transfer students who will enroll in classes for the first time in Fall 2014 are required to attend.
- Take the ALEKS math placement exam online through your myPurdue account. The exam can be taken between June 1, 2014, and at least 48 hours before your STAR date. All incoming students are required to take the exam.
Attend STAR. While on campus, you will:
a. Attend a Purdue University orientation session
b. Attend a College of Technology orientation session
c. Meet with your academic advisor, either individually or in a group advising session
d. Register for fall classes in a Purdue registration lab (Preview your plan of study before you arrive)
e. Have your photo taken for your Purdue photo ID. Please remember, this photo will be on your ID for the remainder of your Purdue career.
f. Optional: Take the foreign language placement exam
g. Optional: Take a math credit exam (not the same as ALEKS)
h. Tour an open residence hall
i. Attend a "Paying for Purdue" session.
- Check your Purdue email regularly at (mymail.purdue.edu). This is the email that your advisor will use for all correspondence.
What to bring to STAR
- Your invitation and confirmation
- Your PUID number, a 10-digit identification number assigned to all Purdue students
- Your Purdue career account log-in and password
- A campus map (sent with your STAR materials)
- Your parking permit
- Government issued photo identification
- A photo of yourself
- Results of College Board Advanced Placement (AP) exams or transfer credit, if possible
- Medical History Form and Insurance Information Form to turn into Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH) or table in the Purdue Memorial Union.