Henry Kraebber has fifteen years of experience and leadership in manufacturing operations, engineering, quality and management. His research interests focus on teaching and applications of educational technology to improve student interaction and learning.
He has worked at the Collins Avionics and Missiles group of Rockwell International, the Plough Products Division of Schering-Plough Corporation, and Flavorite Laboratories. His work has supported the production of industrial, consumer and military products in the food, consumer products, and electronics areas. Career highlights include developing and implementing manufacturing control systems, and implementing the concepts of total quality. In August of 1989,
Dr. Kraebber returned to Purdue University as a faculty member of the Mechanical Engineering Technology Department of the School of Technology. His teaching interests include educational technology, manufacturing operations, manufacturing quality control and the application of system principles supporting courses in the Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology programs. Dr. Kraebber is a Registered Professional Engineer and is Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS). He served as the President of the CIM in Higher Education Alliance, a national organization supporting faculty members teaching advanced manufacturing concepts. He served as an author and coordinator for course modules on production and operations included in the modular curriculum for manufacturing education sponsored by the NCME at the Advanced Integrated Manufacturing (AIM) Center in Dayton, OH. He is a Senior member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME). He is an active member of SME Education and Research Community.
Selected journal articles and conference papers
- Kraebber, H & Lehman, J. (2009). Use of Educational Technology in Manufacturing Engineering and Technology Education. 39th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, October 2009. San Antonio, TX.
- Dues, J., Fuehne, J., Cooley, T., Denton, N., & Kraebber, H. (2008). Assessment for continuous improvement: Embedding it in the culture. Journal of Engineering Technology, 25(2), 10-17.
- Denton, N., Fuehne, J., Kraebber, H., Dues, J., & Cooley, T. (2007). The TC2K visit is done – now what?. [CD-ROM]. Proceedings of the 2007 Annual Conference, American Society for Engineering Education, Honolulu, HI.
- Kraebber*, H. W., Hartin, J. R., & Denton, N. D. (2005). Developing an educational process for an engineering technology program. [CD-ROM]. Proceedings of the 2005 Annual Conference, American Society for Engineering Education, Portland, OR.
Study Guides and/or Workbooks
- Contributed to a 70 course module series sponsored by the National Science Foundation that makes up the "novel" curriculum design for manufacturing engineering technology for the National Center of Manufacturing Education in Dayton, Ohio. Prof. Kraebber was responsible for the selection of authors and reviewers for these modules. He served as a co-author of approximately one third of each module and leader of the review process for all written material.
- Martin, T., Kraebber, H., & Stephens, M. (2003). Manufacturing Facilities Design. National Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing Education. Dayton, OH: Sinclair Community College, 120 pages.
- Elliott, S. J., Hilbert, G. A. & Kraebber, H. W. (2003). Data Acquisition and Analysis. National Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing Education. Dayton, OH: Sinclair Community College, 83 pages.
- Anderson, R., Castillo, A., Kraebber, H., & Lunn, T. (2002). Manufacturing resource planning. National Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing Education. Dayton, OH: Sinclair Community College, 120 pages.
- Anderson, S., Kraebber, H., & Martin, T. (2001). Equipment selection. National Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing Education. Dayton, OH: Sinclair Community College, 103 pages.
- Gross, J., Kraebber, H., & Larsh, B. (2001). Manufacturing work cell design. National Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing Education. Dayton, OH: Sinclair Community College, 119 pages.
- Professor Kraebber is co-author with James Rehg of the text, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 3rd ed, (2005).
- Dr. Kraebber's work has published in journals and confernece proceedings on teaching in manufacturing. Please send a message to request specific publications or for information about the textbook. firstname.lastname@example.org