Expand your knowledge about information technology or dig deeper into a specific topic to add value to your degree program.
The CIT minor can be attached to any Purdue University major that will accommodate or allow it.
For students enrolling Fall 2014 and later
- A 2.0 GPA in all minor courses
- No course may be taken pass/fail
- Transfer credit, course substitutions, and credit by exam limited to three (3) credit hours
- Only one (1) of CNIT 10500, 15500, or 17500 may be used to fulfill the minor requirements
- CNIT 13600 cannot be used to fulfill the minor requirements
- Course requisites (pre-requisites, concurrent pre-requisites, and restrictions) must be met
- Download minor worksheet (PDF)
A CIT minor consists of one required course (CNIT 18000) and four selectives from the CNIT course list. Focus on only one topic area or explore several -- it's up to you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For students enrolled between Spring 2007 and Summer 2014
Students enrolled in the minor before Fall 2014 must take five courses selected from eight options. This version of the minor provides a broad perspective of information technology as an academic discipline.
Requirements (Download PDF)
- Students must complete 15 or more credit hours.
- Effective Fall 2008: No course may be taken Pass/Fail.
- Transfer credit, course substitutions and credit by exam limited to 3 credit hours.
- A grade of C- or better must be earned in any course used to fulfill the CIT minor.
- Effective Spring 2012 – CNIT 14100 is no longer offered at West Lafayette; credit may be established in CGT 14100.
- The requirement for CNIT 17500 or 15500 or 10500 may be fulfilled with any 3-credit programming course from Purdue University or any 3-credit programming course that transfers into Purdue as CNIT or CS undistributed.