The demand for enrollment in some majors in the College of Technology currently exceeds the resource capacity to meet that demand. For this reason some departments must limit CODOs based on a semester-by-semester analysis of the total department enrollment.
Students on academic probation may not CODO into the CIT program.
There are two levels that students can qualify for CODO application:
- Application Requirements Level I - 3.25 cumulative GPA and completion of courses listed below* with a C- or above will automatically be admitted to CIT.
- Application Requirements Level II - 2.8 adjusted GPA with completion of courses listed below with a C- or above.
The Department will review all CODO applications that have at least a 2.8 adjusted GPA.
*Must complete all courses listed with a grade of C- or better prior to CODOing into CIT:
- ENGL10600 (or ENGL 10100; ENGL 10300; ENGL 10800) or COM 11400
- Calculus I (or MA 22300/16010/16100/16500)
- CNIT Gateway class CNIT 18000 or (CNIT 17600 for Fall 2014 only)
You must attend an informational mandatory CODO meeting in order to CODO. You must bring 2 copies of your CODO papers, signed by you and your current advisor. CODO papers must be turned in the semester prior to the term you want to become a CIT student. You can print your CODO papers online on myPurdue.
NOTE: YOU MUST ATTEND A CIT CODO INFORMATION MEETING BEFORE BEING ELIGIBLE TO CODO, TO UTILIZE WALK-IN HOURS OR TO MEET WITH A CIT ADVISOR.
Sign up for a meeting by clicking one of the following sessions:
Students enrolled in the appropriate courses and have the minimum GPA after grades are posted at the end of the semester may be accepted. Acceptance is also determined on the space available in the school.