The Department of Aviation Technology (AT) expects that applicants for graduate study will exhibit competency in the following areas as a result of their undergraduate education and experiences:
- Written and spoken communication skills
- General knowledge of aviation industry operations and components
- Entry level analytical tools and processes
- Group activity and interpersonal skills
Each applicant for graduate study should submit:
- A Statement of Purpose that is to be included as part of the online Graduate School application.
- Official copies of transcripts for all college work
- Official GRE or GMAT scores, which must be sent to Purdue by the ETS service
- Three or more letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your ability to be successful in graduate studies.
International degree-seeking applicants whose native language is not English are also required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. These scores must be sent to Purdue by the ETS service for the scores to be considered official.
When the AT Graduate Admissions Committee receives all of the required materials, the application will be considered complete and will be considered for admission.
Student submits application materials.
- Application materials are collected by graduate school and forwarded to the department.
- The AT graduate coordinator collects applications for review.
- The AT graduate coordinator assembles committee to review applications.
- The AT graduate committee members (and other faculty as necessary and appropriate) complete review forms for each applicant.
- The AT graduate committee votes on remaining applicants, taking into account additional faculty input as necessary and appropriate.
- The AT graduate coordinator contacts the applicant with the committee's decision.
- If recommended for admission, the AT department assigns a major professor to the student.
Send all required materials that are not submitted online to:
Graduate Admissions Committee
Department of Aviation Technology
1401 Aviation Drive
West Lafayette , IN 47907-2025